Parents and Students new to Kindergarten have a special treat in the Kindergarten Experience! August 4th, 10:30 – Noon! KINDERGARTENERS ONLY, PLEASE
School Supply List
First Day of School Documents
Changes for 2015-2016
– Parents and all visitors need to adhere to the school dress code. See this page of the Family Handbook
– With nutritional and allergy awareness, class-wide treats should no longer be sent in. Class-wide Ice Cream tokens may be purchased. See this page of the Family Handbook.
New for 2015-2016
– Several new faculty members! Check out the Faculty List here, and be sure to meet our new Assistant Principal, Mr. Chris Riecke.
– We have a new gym floor! Gone is the ridged plastic floor! Swing through to see the new look!
– Security cameras are being installed in key areas to insure student safety.
Highest Performing Title I School
For the third year in a row, Oak Grove has been named one of the Highest Performing Title I schools in the state of Georgia. A “Highest-Performing School” is a Title I school among the 5% of Title I schools in the State that has the highest absolute performance over three years for the “all students” group on the statewide assessments.
GaDOE Waives Milestone Requirements
Georgia Milestones Assessment Waivers: Promotion, placement and retention will not be tied to this year’s assessment, but student performance will be used to set academic achievement goals for next year. Click here for more details.
Follow Mrs. Hancock
This is an informal communication arena whereby Mrs. Hancock will be sharing interesting school tidbits, suggestions for elementary learning, and trends in education.